Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VDD in Orcad - how to change the value

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick the mend

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VDD in Orcad

Can someone tell me how to change the value of VDD for 4000 series logic,I want to use 12V instead of 5V

thanks

VDD in Orcad

Edit the part in the drawing.(right click it)
Change the pin value from VDD to 12V or what-ever.
Exit the part editor, update (this selected part only, or all if it is not also used in another instance)
Hope this helps.

Re: VDD in Orcad

Thanks for the help but I managed to solve the problem before your very fast reply

Thanks a lot anyway

MTM

Re: VDD in Orcad

All this "smart" functionality really p....s me off. Nice if you want clean easy to read schematics, but a disaster if you are dealing with multiple supply voltages or voltage sources that runs through decoupling networks.

My advice: Edit the schematic symbol. Make the power pins visible and make manual connection to their respective supply voltage.

Then after finalizing the schematic, make a netlist using "Wirelist.DLL" and do a manual check of all connections.

This can save you troublesome board spins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back