Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCXO clock generator for digital audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwb

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,

For a FPGA-based digital audio design I need a clocking circuit which eliminates jitter from a recovered 64fs (3.072 MHz) S/PDIF clock and multiplies it by 16 for getting a clean 1024fs master clock. Cycle-to-cycle jitter may not exceed 80ps.

Now I have the problem of finding suitable ICs for this task. The usual audio clock generator ICs like PLL170X derieve the clocks from a 27MHz crystal and have no external reference clock input. Also, they do not provide 1024fs.

Comms clocking ICs like the MK2049-45A are going into the right direction, but have the wrong frequency ranges.

More versatile ICs like a MK2069-02 provide the needed features but are way too big.

I want to avoid using multiple ICs for VCXO jitter elimination and clock multiplication if possible, so does anyone have a suggestion for an integrated solution? Perhaps there are some ICs with the possibility of using external dividers within the VCXO/PLL loop allowing me to set frequency relation with a divider in the FPGA?

Any hints are welcome!

Regards,
Holger

Status
Not open for further replies.