Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vcc and GND in multilayer PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
current return path pcb mos

it mean that! your controlled impedance should be routed on the Layer 4 and Layer 9

power plane in multilayer pcb

the signal return curren on which layer rest with the signal type. On high speed board we can think the power layer and ground layer are the same thing.

when to go multilayer pcb

T.H.A.N.K.S for your suggestions. I'll have a board in layout soon. I will have a chance to try this and compare with previous board. That was a very instructive discussion.

what is a vcc pcb meaning

hienpv said:
it mean that! your controlled impedance should be routed on the Layer 4 and Layer 9
some times there is all borad impedance control. So some impedance control trace(not important as clock trace and high speed trace) have to route on the top and bottom layer.

what is a vcc pcb

i do not think power planes and ground planes are the sae thing on the high speed board. They are realy difference!

vcc for return path

current loop is Power --> via trace --> land --> capacitor --> land --> trace --> via --> ground. The return path must be low impedance so ground plane is not the same with power plane on the high speed board

what u mean by vcc plane layer adding

in high frequency ,the capacitor has no impedance for the high frequency return current. We can think the power layer and ground layer is connceted with capacitors for high frequency current. So I say that we can think the power layer and the ground layer is the same thing.

gnd vcc layer order

Hi
flatulent said:
You are better of having the higher speed signal traces next to the ground plane and then if necessary, the lower speed ones next to the Vcc.

why did u chosed to order the traces is this way ?
is there any explenation for that?

salam
hindi

vcc through ground plane

You should better place the high speed signal between GND and VCC to prevent some unpredicted EMI problems.

multilayer pcb return current

leo_zhu said:
in high frequency ,the capacitor has no impedance for the high frequency return current. We can think the power layer and ground layer is connceted with capacitors for high frequency current. So I say that we can think the power layer and the ground layer is the same thing.

..unless you consider lead-inductance of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back