Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable frequency drive simulation in MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadhel Alkhuzaei

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Variable frequency drive

I am doing a project checking the energy consumption of standard motors used in a RO plant.They use throttle control as control system. I want simulate this model using matlab simulink. I would like to implement VFD for the motor/pump. I want to simulate this model and compare the two models. I have no idea on how to proceed. Please help me..

Variable frequency drive

MATLAB/Simulink can be meaningful to simulate the dynamic plant control, including start-up processes, or if the RO pressure and flow is considerably changing during operation. I would rather expect, that the operation point is mostly static, so calculation of static efficiency would be sufficient.

You need at least detailed pump characteristics for various rotational speeds, including pressure, flow and drive power. If they aren't available from the manufacturer, you have to acquire them by measurements. Also the nominal RO operation points must be known, for dynamic simulations the complete RO pressure/flow charateristics. For very accurate calculations, also the motor and VFD efficiency at different speeds and power demands should be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back