Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vaporized driver-to-mosfet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all.
1.- Mosfet driver integrated circuit 2EDN7524AF at data sheet paragraph 4.4 features 5 Amperes. If the intended driving is a mosfet gate; why such high current capability ?
Data sheet is ----> https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...N.pdf?fileId=5546d462525dbac40152abcc7dbb1727

2.- These ICs vaporized along with other components BSC026N08NS and STTH8R06G plus a few other on an inverter circuitry with unobtanium schematic, bringing chances of repair to near zero. Cannot tell which component or event caused the sequential destruction of which, but seems a chain of actions, one failure causing others...

3.- What suggested actions would you take to attempt conscious repair of the circuitry ? Inverter is Delta H6; true orphan with zero support. 99% of the unit shows pristine conditions and been in operation 8 months behaving well.
Example of damage: pictures 3 and 4 are almost the same as in my equal unit ----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/224929171877?hash=item345ed2c9a5:g:Xz8AAOSwQY1iEPju

The high currents are becuse a MOSFET input is a very high C load and
designs are trying to switch fast to keep MOSFET out of linear region where
it developes a lot of I^2 x Rds losses.

1649605557217.png

Capacitor

Q = C x V
I = C x dV / dT here you want dT very small, and C is large, so I must be large.

Reconstruct the schematic by hand.....?

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.