Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Values for power mesh calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

snr_vlsi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Currently I am trying to do power mesh calculations for a design. The lib. does not contain the following values.

I shall be glad if anyone can pass me on the values of any fab (tsmc, csc, ibm or others)

Current Density for a 4 metal layer 180 nm process
Sheet Resistance
Max. Current Carrying Capacity of power pads

Thanks

snr_vlsi

power mesh

If you are doing power mesh calculations, you need exact values of the process that you are going to target, else you will be end up with relibablity issues.

I was having this info which I were used for RCGEN ( paracitic extraction lib gen) but it was way back in 2005-06, it will be updated now for sure.

For that I will suggest you, to serach a technology file that your extraction tools is using. From there you will get all this info.

Re: power mesh

Hi,

As I am not having any separate tech. file for extraction, I am unable to find the values.

I would be very glad if you could share the info. you are having even though it is outdated, as it would give me a chance to check with my power calculations. I am not currently too bothered about the reliability issues encounter with power mesh calculations by using unrealistic values.

Kindly forward me this info. for 4 layer metal 180 nm process
Sheet Resistance of the metal layers.
Current Density of the metal layers.
Core Operating Voltage
Current Carrying capacity of the power pads.

Thanks in advance

snr_vlsi

power mesh

I am not able to point it out , I will search and post you the same.

Re: power mesh

Hi Sachin,

Can u share the info. about the values which are reqd. for power mesh calculations.

thanks

snr_vlsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back