farhada

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
v-scoring in layout

Hi,
I am new in OrCad and wonder if anyone know how to do V-Scoring so I can have multiple designs on a same file for prototype manufacturing?

I have found a lot of info about the subject using google, but nothing about HOW to actually do it?!

Really appreciate your help,

Best regards,
/Farhad

orcad layout v groove

Scoring and other special fabrication instructions are done as notes on your drill drawing, a mechanical layer, and/or a separate fabrication instruction sheet - depending on what your fab is accustomed to seeing. The notes are instructions to your PCB fab concerning exactly what you want to do.

You put your scoring lines on a mechanical Gerber layer. The PCB fab then uses the lines and your notes to make the scoring after the panel has been fabricated. The scoring is done with a router bit.

You should contact your fab and find out how they prefer to receive their instructions.

farhada

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
orcad layout fab

i give two holes for the straight line and inform the PCB manufacturer that a V groove is required.

There are seperate machines for V grooving.

farhada

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pcb v-groove fab drawing

Thank you all.
I will try it out to see how it works in my current project. Hopefully I can save a few bucks doing so.

BR,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…