Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using VOIP for data transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

kci2d

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
helloo!

our final yr project is to develop a prototype of the flow and level monitering for the province of punjab (pakistan)

we have to use sensors (programmable) and record the data in a data logger .. the PC card version of it

since dam is a remote area ..no one can be presetn there all the time..what i want to ask is that if we use transmit our acquired data from a pc present near a dam thru VOIP to the concerned athorities ..is this a gud and a cheap idea?
also what [roblems will i face while using VOIP for transmission of my data besides the fact that i need an internet running at all times and a computer turned on at all times (coming from an eleectricity deficiant country this is also an issue)

i wud be GRATEFUL for n e help in this regard!

Re: about VOIP

why do you want to use VoIP for data transmission .. why dont you use a data mechanism instead. VoIP is meant for voice transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.