Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Step-Up Boost Converter To Boost LITHIUM IRON PHOSPHATE BATTERY Battery To 12 Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipon Mor

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to buy a 12v battery for my ultrasonic inverter. 3S configuration with high AH value lithium-ion isn't cheap and availability is very scarce in my locality.
I came across "ORANGE Li-Fe 50Ah 3.2V LITHIUM IRON PHOSPHATE BATTERY PACK" costing just under 40 USD. I want to if it is a good idea to use a step-up boost converter with this battery to output 12 volts to power my inverter? Are there any risks involved with this setup? Any cautionary measures to be taken care of? ? Suggestions, please? Thank you.

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 96

3.2V is not a good input voltage for a high power step-up converter or inverter.
One 50 Ah cell will not have more energy than a 4S battery with 12.5 Ah cells.
The 4S solution is much better because it will have less switching losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.