Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using smartphones in VANETs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mona_hmmd

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'm a research student in Vanets field. I focus on the ability to use smartphones to support safety and entertainment apps in VANETs, as smartphones today have a lot of capabilities (Wifi, GPS, 3G, sensors, bluetooth..), so we can exploit these features by using a smartphone as an on-board unit inside a vehicle to communicate with other smartphones in other vehicles to support VANETs apps. If anyone works on a similar point, please I have some inquiries:

1. Do all smartphones have the same Wifi range capability, or it differs from a model or brand to another? and what is the max Wifi range that a smartphone can support?
2. Which smartphone operating system(android, Windows,..) that can better support VANETs?
3. If anyone knows other technical forums, links or documents that focus on this point, kindly tell me about them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mona Fathy

Many of us have our smartphones with us pretty much all the time. There are thousands of applications that do thousands of different things accessible at the push of a button. And a few of them can even get you just a little extra pocket change. And who couldn't use more of that in this economy? Get some fast cash with a personal finance.

Status
Not open for further replies.