Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using multiple A/D channels on the ADuC841 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzykc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please, does anyone know a method of reading samples via multiple channels simultaneously on the ADuC841 microcontroller? Thanks

Re: Using multiple A/D channels on the ADuC841 microcontroll

i will check the datasheet

I assume, that you actually mean simultaneous sampling, and that you know about the basic ADuC841 specification,
e.g. ADC througput. In this case, external S/H stages are a solution. You didn't tell a specification, so I simply suggest: design
a suitable S/H circuit or use available IC, e.g. Analog SMP04 quad S/H.

Thanks for your responses. But can i use the Direct memory access mode (DMA) for this?

Ok. I am trying to sample 2 signals from a Position Sensitive Device (PSD) which has to outputs into the ADuC841 uC. So far, i've been able to sample through only one channel at a time because the uC's ADC stores the sample in one address ADCDATAH, ADCDATAL (any configured channel with store it's sample in that address) this is becos there's an internal 8 to 1 MUX connected to the ADC. I'll will include the data sheet. Please, your help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• aduc841_842_843_1373.pdf
    903 KB · Views: 70

I know the datasheet, thus I mentioned, if you actually mean simultaneous sampling, you would need an external
sample and hold circuit. Now you have confirmed, that you do need it. That's it.

As an additional point, if you intend to take multiple (two channel) samples trough DMA, you should try to setup a timer
output, that controls the S/H circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back