Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Microwave Studio (MWS) for optical simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-goe

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Does anybody of you has experience in simulating optical components ( like CMOS pixels ) with MWS.

I know that Microwave Studio is intended for calculating RF-electromagnetic fields ( E,H-field ...) but as light is also an electromagnetic field I think it should be possible to simulate E,H-field in optical components as well

If somebody has experience in this I will greatly appreciate his comments, critics for using this EM-solver in this specific topic.

What are the points to look at in a critical manner and what are the limitations of MWS for calculating EM-fields with this software?

Greetz
E-goe

but as light is also an electromagnetic field I think it should be possible to simulate E,H-field in optical components as well

I think you right. just get it from CST for evaluation for one month and check
it yourself. It's user frienly and you can get help from CST .

PL

yes, CST MWS can simulate optical structures provided that they are not very large. If you checked there website www.cst.com you will find an example simulation on optical fiber coupler.

However, note that in MWS there are no simplifications in the equations (unlike optical techniques such as BPM) so I think it should take longer time than optics simulators such as BeamPROP

best regards,
Adel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back