Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using GBD with Wiggler or MultiIce via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetroots

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb to parallel converter wiggler openocd

I do a lot of my ARM development using GNU tools with cygwin, debugging with gdb and multiice.

I've been trying to use multiice using a USB to parallel cable (just so that I can use a notebook with no parallel port for debugging) , but the two different cables I've tried so far haven't worked. Has anyone done this, and of so could you recommend a USB/parallel adapter?

wiggler an usb

This is not serious, better look for USB based JTAG ....

Hello dainis, in theory it should work, given that multiice is a windows application and the USB to parallel driver provides a virtual parallel port. I think the cheap cables I tried don't provide true didirectional port operation, although they're supposed to.

You're probably correct though. I'm quite impressed with the crossworks environment, so may just use that with their USB to jtag adapter.

Dainis, thanks for the pointers. I didn't know about openocd and it's exactly what I need. I'm off to have a good read of these pages to try and see if the Amontec cable will work with te Rowlet tools as well, which would be a nice bonus.

I thinking that Amontec USB cable not compatible with Rowley softaware ...

Status
Not open for further replies.