Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a relay in AC devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadef

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys
do any body now how could i turn on an device that works in AC
by using a relay

thanks in advance

i really need more explaination on this

hadef,
You can control an AC device using a relay. The important relay parameters are:
Maximum contact voltage. Contact voltage ratings are different for AC and DC loads.
~
Maximum load current. Relay current ratings are different for resistive, lamp, inductive loads.
~
The coil drive voltage that is available. Relay coils come in various voltage ratings. Some relays are designed for operation with DC coil voltages; some are designed for AC coil voltages.
~
Solid state relays are also available in various voltage and current ratings.
~
I can be more specific if I iknow your actual application.
Regards,
Kral

hadef

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For higher load you should use contactors (1 or 3 phase) and with relays you turn it on or off. You can make different logic functions by using time relays and voltage/current measurement relays.

the best way-using device with zero-cross detector

u can use a triac for switching an ac load byregarding the current and voltage limit and if i found any switching circuit using triac i will sendit to u

Status
Not open for further replies.