Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using 1 shunt resistor for field oriented control of BLDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashugtiwari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I have been through different app notes and online theories on BLDC motor field oriented control. All of them uses per phase shunt resistor for current sensing and uses current in two phases to calculate last phase current and then use transform to convert the currents to dq vector of rotor. I have a board where only 1 shunt resistor is connected between the ground and common point where all lower mosfet's of half bridge is tied together. Can I still implement the field oriented control in this board?

Thanks
Ashutosh

Hi,

I don´t think so, because it is a mixture of currents and doesn´t represent phase current. Neither amplitude nor phase angle.

Klaus

All the BLDC control boards I've ever seen, use two current sampling resistors.
Otherwise, without the magnitude and phase information obtained by those two current vectors, how can you resolve the third?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back