Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use of existing layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitendra jain

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to create a pcb layout for my pcb but i am not finding footprints of few components but i have another layout which contain same footprint can some one inform me that how can i access those existing footprints.

Which tool are you using?
irrespective of the tool, all the tools will allow u to reuse your footprints.

in general tools accept these kid of files irrespective of which tools they are created in, the footprint that you want will surely be a part of a library (.lib) file, just locate this library on your computer disk and open it with the tool that you want to use.
BTW do mention your tool always when asking question, it helps more to understand and comment then!!

in general tools accept these kid of files irrespective of which tools they are created in, the footprint that you want will surely be a part of a library (.lib) file, just locate this library on your computer disk and open it with the tool that you want to use.
BTW do mention your tool always when asking question, it helps more to understand and comment then!!

I am using Orcad 9.0 and i have tried to access footprints from their respective library but it shows the message that footprint is already bound to the session. please inform me about possible solution.Thank you in advance

copy footprint lib to another location or preferably in Orcad footprint default library folder and then access it

copy footprint lib to another location or preferably in Orcad footprint default library folder and then access it

I have tried for the same but again and again it is showing the same message that footprint is already bounded to this session

Try This:
**broken link removed**
BTW the footprint that you want to import in Orcad 9 is made in which tool??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back