Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to PS/2 converter error: data & clock lines are togg

Status
Not open for further replies.

krakatoa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB to PS/2 converter

Hi all.

I have been trying to use a USB to PS/2 convertor, to connect a PS/2 mouse (which I have developed) to the PC using the USB port. I have noticed that even when nothing is connecting to the USB to PS/2 converter, the data and clock lines are being toggled by the host(the PC). As opposed to this, I have noticed that on normal PS/2 ports, both the data and clock lines are kept high by the host which waits for the device(mouse) to send some initial data upon connection. I cannot use the PS/2 port to connect my mouse to the PC as it is not available.

What could be the reason for the data and clock lines being toggled (data is made high and clock low, and then vice versa) by the host on the USB to PS/2 converter ? I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Krakatoa

USB to PS/2 converter

I also need such information,waiting for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back