Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to parallel port adapter for STK200

Status
Not open for further replies.

masoudk_81

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have bought a USB to parallel port adapter so that I could program my AVR through laptop USB port (STK200). But windows recognises adapter as a "USB printing support" device not a LPT port.

Is there any possibility that I can map this USB port to LPT port in my laptop?

Forget it, I had the same problem!!!. After make a long search, I droped it.:cry::cry:. I used an old PC computer to program my microcontrollers

Yes, usb to parallel converters work with printers only, they wont work for any other things

nandhu

You can use a USB based AVR programmer to programm the chips. An USB based AVR & Atmel 89S Programmer is given below in the link...

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Madhan

madhan7710 said:
You can use a USB based AVR programmer to programm the chips. An USB based AVR & Atmel 89S Programmer is given below in the link...

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Madhan

madhan7710: Check the link, it's broken

penrico said:
madhan7710 said:

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Madhan

madhan7710: Check the link, it's broken

The link is working, i checked it

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.