Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB hub controller with status outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArticCynda

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm looking for a USB hub controller (how many ports exactly doesn't matter, can work around that) that has status output pins indicating the state of the port. Ideally I'm looking for an output indicating if a device is connected, if that device is initialised, and if communication is happening (similar to RX/TX LEDs on a UART).

Does anyone know of a USB hub IC with such additional functionality? Other suggestions are also welcome. I'm OK with "difficult" packages such as BGAs if necessary.

Thank you in advance!

ArticCynda

Many USB hub controllers provide monitoring functionality. I have used e.g. SMSC/Microchip high speed and superspeed hubs USB2514 and USB5734, they can be configured to expose speed/connection LEDs. There's however no access to communication state.

ArticCynda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ArticCynda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much for taking the time to reply and share these part numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.