Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB controller for AT89C5132

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuklaS

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to use AT89C5132 For my device which i want to interface with PC but as per data sheet it Support USB 1.1 my system dosent require high speed i.e 480MBPS so please advice shall I go with it as product life is around 10 year also does all the PC having USB port support USB1.1? or advice some good controller (low end)

Re: USB controller

hi
yes offcourse you can use USB1.1. All the USB2.0 compiant PC's can support USB1.1. I hope this is what you are expecting. If not post a reply.

but the controller onl support full speed so what about low speed ? also what is difference in protocol between low high and full speed.

USB controller

could u piz declare it!

hi
The USB host controllers in recent PCs support all three speeds. so you no need to worry about the PC side.
Your device AT89c5132 can transfer data with 12Mega bits per sec only. You can not operate your device in low-speed(1.5Mbits/sec) or high-speed(480Mbits/sec).

There is no difference in protocols among LOW, FULL and HIGH speed devices except, low speed is not supported by bulk and isochronous transfer. the main difference lies in scheduling the transaction

1. At low and full speeds, the host schedules transactions within
1-millisecond frames.The host may schedule transactions anywhere it wants
within a frame.
2. The process is similar at high speed, but using 125-microsecond
microframes

****you can have a look at USB COMPLETE by jon axelson*********

I hope i am clear.

Thanks for reply
Do any one having the USB book by jon axelson

USB controller

There are many topics on USB for beginners. Do search in the edaboard. Apart from that, USB Design By Example is also good for beginners.

The link is:
h**p://rapidshare.de/files/7658886/USB_COMPLETE_MAZ.rar.html

hi

You can download "MASS STORAGE" by Jon Axelson from the below rapidshare link... this was already given in the edaboard. you can download other documents from edaboard itself.

h**p://rapidshare.de/files/28499861/Lakeview.Research.USB.Mass.Storage.Designing.and.Programming.Devices.and.Embedded.Hosts.rar.html

Password: ebooksatkoobe

I am unable to download via rapid share meanwile I want to know the significance of endpoint supoose my controler support 4 endpoint so how i can configure to send the 25 different type of message (eg. 10 control and 10 intrupt message)
Thanks

hi shukla,
by the way,what do you mean by 'types of messages'. Actually the endpoints are the pipes by which you can communicate with the host or the device. Suppose you have 4 endpoints, 1st endpoint will be the control endpoint and the rest will be interrupt, bulk and ischronous.

Each endpoints are used for some specific purpose, for example USB pen drive will transfer the bulk datas for storing, will go for BULK TRANSFER. And the default endpoint CONTROL ENDPOINT is used for getting the device information such as DESCRIPTION etc....

And you should first study the purpose of each endpoint, this you can get in normal google search.....
The book johnaxelson will give you the idea of the whole usb protocol..

you can also try for www.4shared.com.

here you can get all sorts of books in the search book. you can get the above book in this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.