Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB based controls with a very simple method

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello sir

As we know we can use USB port to drive keyboard lights small home made fans etc etc , . . But beside all these can you explain a very very short term use of USB port ? I mean is it possible to operate a small L.E.D. with USB port via commands from the computer ?????
Is there any software we need for the purpose or a direct way we have ? I don't have any idea but i just want to opearate ON & OFF function of a small lamp via USB by means of mouse clicking or keyboard typing . .
I want to apply this to my laptop as i have a free USB post after all external devices & don't want to add any other cards or micro controller boards etc etc etc stuffs
i am planning just in a simple way . . thanks

You want to say you need USB Relay board.

Yes, you need PC software to control USB device.

- - - Updated - - -

Something like this :

79_1286019967.jpg

ohh woww , ya ya something like that , so which software it is ?
and how it works actually . . please tell

hmm ya but it needs a separate hardware sir , and i want to use a single switching with usb signals & clocks ..
would you please tell me the details of other two lines except power lines in USB port ?
i mean i want to understand things in such a way that i could make signal out for outer controls ?
is it possible what i am planning ? or needs a hardware & a program for that also ?

- - - Updated - - -

is it possbile to convert the signals from usb out in such a way so as to make understand for commonly available digital ICs (example : 7400 series) or something like that ?

This is Relay board. Board is connected to PC with USB cable, and board also need power supply, this can be get from PC also, or some other PSU or small adapter.

82_1286019856.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This 8ch USB Relay Board dont use any uC.

- - - Updated - - -

You can manually switch relays, or PC will switch relays based on preset On/Off time.

kkk this is a ready made case here you explained just now
but is it possbile to convert the signals from usb out in such a way so as to make understand for commonly available digital ICs (example : 7400 series) etc or something like that ?

You should read some materials about USB. Start from Google search field. For sure you need controller to interface USB with your project. Everything is possible, I just post this project as one of example.

ohh i see , i am searching sir would you please let me have any proper link for that ? i am unable to find a right one here & too i am new for computer based electronic science so please excuse me for that . . thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back