Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 3.0 Tx and Rx data lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have found that device "TPD4E05U06DQAR" in the Tx/Rx data lines in USB 3.0 in the Xilinx development boards. What is the purpose of using such devices. Are they doing any signal or data processing ?

Attachments

• Untitled 190.png
    Untitled 190.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1678971692741.png
    1678971692741.png
    411.8 KB · Views: 76

Hi,

two hints:
1) scroll down below the "sponsored" advertising links
2) if you want to know what any electronic device does: look for the datasheet:
--> Search for "TPD4E05U06DQAR datasheet" for example.

Klaus

The datasheet says that it is ESD protection diode array for USB, HDMI & High Speed Interfaces. Can we also use that for Ethernet ? I am also wondering about the breakdown voltage 5.5 V mentioned in the datasheet.

Is this like a TVS diode which protect towards both high and low over voltage ?
--- Updated ---

I also have found ESD protection diodes from a TI technical note, see attachment. They suggest to use TVS0500DRVR and TPD6E05U06RVZR. I have looked at their datasheets and not able to understand the different between forward clamp voltage and clamp voltage. and how it differs from breakdown voltage ?

Attachments

• Untitled 191.png
    Untitled 191.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.