Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URGENT: Help writing FIR Filter using a finite state machine verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

archgold

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need help writing a FIR Filter in Verilog.

The project is as follows:
Design and build a co-processor that interfaces to the Leon that implements an FIR filter. Use memory mapped registers on the AMBA APB bus device 12 to communicate with the co-processor. Your C program (and Modelsim Testbench) will transmit the 16 bit filter coefficients and the 16 bit filter inputs to the co-processor, and receive the 16 bit results computed by the co-processor. Assume that the maximum length of the filter is 163. Verify that your co-processor is working correctly in simulation and in hardware. Measure the MAC/s rate that this system can sustain. Compare this to software DSP in part 2a. Report required that covers both parts a) and b) of this project.
Hints:
1) Create a memory mapped register in the PSel12 space with the following format::
a. [2:0] – Op Code
i. InitRAM
ii. Convolve
iii. Load Coefficient
iv. Load Number of Taps
b. [18:3] – 16 bit data to be passed to FSM – InitRAM value, coefficients, filter inputs
c. [31] – Ready bit asserted by FSM indicating status – ready or busy.

Right now I am stuck try to create the Finite State Machine. I have the layout for my FSM and my block diagram drawn but am unable to actually write out the code. I have no idea what to do, can someone please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back