Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Urgent help please! every one please help ! High G.B (100mhz) 2stage opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavoosi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one
i need to desgin an opamp with this specifications:

Process 0.25µm CMOS
VDD 1.5V
VSS -1.5V
Load 1pF
ADM0 (low-Frequency open-loop small signal gain) ≥ 1000 V/V
ACM0 (low-Frequency open-loop small common-mode gain) ≤ 0.1 V/V
Phase margin ≥ 60°
Unity gain frequency ≥ 100MHz
Slew rate ≥ 10 V/µs
Nominal input and output common-mode voltage 0V
Output voltage swing (peak to peak) ≥ 1.6V
Power ≤ 1mW

can any one say what kind of topology sall i choose? i read in allen book that a 2 stage book will give you only 10 mhz G.B . so to get 100 mhz G.B what should i do?
i have used this but it so wrong!! View attachment L160-MOSOpAmpDesign(2UP).pdf
if you have any sample that helps me please say
thanks.

Last edited:

In order to achieve 100MHz UGF you need to have a very small output resistance, and you need single stage topology because for each added stage UGF will drop significantly.

I would say try minimal single stage topology, with small output resistance. You need a large input bias current to boost up the transconductance.

do you have any schematic or refrence for me? i need to see some examples. thanks

You can refer to the simplest (most basic) single stage topology, with current mirror load. You can find the schematic in almost every analog design book.

thanks, i choosed the folded cascode single stage (differential pair single ended) and i reached to 300 MHz - 61 degree phase margin - 0.9 mwatt power dissipation . thanks for guiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back