Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent Help needed to get output of ac 5v 400hz frequency and current 500ma

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan449

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am in urgent need of circuit which takes 12v dc as input and outputs 5v ac with freq 400hz and current of 500ma.

can any one give some tips or help me with the circuit.

Regards
Irfan

Hey gentleman!
Hi
What is the value of your out put voltage and the waveform that you need?
if you need an square wave , you will can use a simple A stable circuit with transistor or opamp.
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi Goldsmith

Thanks for the prompt reply,i need outputvoltage of 5v peak with 400hz and current of 500ma and the wave is sine wave.

Regards
Irfan

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Hi Goldsmith,

The output voltage,frequency and current which i have specified is used for LVDT application.

Regards
Irfan

If it has to be quick then this is one way to do it.

It isn't regulated but if your load is unchanging then you can adjust it to deliver a stable current.

It may or may not be ground referenced properly to suit your other circuitry.

The sine wave generator can be op amp based.

25_1319659380.gif

Hey Gentleman!
Hi
Why you don't use a simple wien bridge oscillator? it is ideal for your aim!
Best lucks
Goldsmith

Hi,

Thank you for the valuable suggestions,Today i used XR-2206 IC to generate sine wave.which satisfied my requirement of 400hz freq and voltage of 5v. but i am getting very less current. i need 300 to 700ma of current.how can i amplify the current.

Regards
Irfan

The 2206 is a champ. I use one in my waveform generator.

To get more current you can drive a transistor or mosfet from the 2206. You must install a resistor in series (as my diagram above depicts). Or a potentiometer, etc.

You'll get sufficient current using a TO220 or TO3 package transistor. The common 2N3055 should be good.

I can't say whether you need the capacitor or not. I see a coil is part of the LVDT. Since a coil is involved, the capacitor may create resonance and throw off its operation.

Without a capacitor the LVDT will get a sine wave riding a DC component. Can the coil operate with an average 1/2 amp of current going through it continually? If so then it may work with this simple circuit.

However if you need true AC then you may need a more complex circuit, such as an H-bridge, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back