Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[URGENT]- Cordic Core(VHDL) simulation in modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib.shah06

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I need to compile a cordic core and simulate it in vhdl. I am using MODELSIM. I have the codes attached to this post.

Could someone tell me how to go about doing it?

I tried loading the fun_pkg.vhdl and cordic.vhd and then using a autogenerate compile order- i compiled both of them. Then I loaded the cordic_tb.vhd and compiled it. However after loading the waveforms, I get a very weird looking output with most signals in the "U" state.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Cordic.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 50

It runs fine for me.

run these commands in modelsim:

vlib work
vcom fun_pkg.vhd
vcom cordic.vhd
vcom cordic_tb.vhd
vsim cordic

run 12 us

I notice that the clk and rst signals are never assigned in the testbench, but you use the tb_clk and tb_reset instead.

Thanks for your reply.

I did what you had mentioned exactly in your post, but I still some useless waveforms. After running the vsim cordic command, I added the cordic signals to the wave window by clicking add to wave > all items in region.

I have attached the output here.

It runs fine for me.

run these commands in modelsim:

vlib work
vcom fun_pkg.vhd
vcom cordic.vhd
vcom cordic_tb.vhd
vsim cordic

run 12 us

I notice that the clk and rst signals are never assigned in the testbench, but you use the tb_clk and tb_reset instead.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 66

Status
Not open for further replies.