Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent!!!calibration with VNA when measuring dipole

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliezhang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have a problem on calibratin of VNA.

i got an idea on measuring the s-parameters of dipole connecting each arm to each of two single-ended prots of VNA, then converting them to mixed-mode s-parameters. in such situation, the balun is not necessary. but i am confused how to calibrate the VNA. i prefer to use TRL calibration. but how could i use it?

urgent. thank you very much for any help!!!

You can just connect a small 50 ohm cable at the centre, connect outer to one arm and inner to another arm and check the s-parameters.you dont need anything fancy.then you get the correct s11.only problem without balun is that patterns are distorted-not s parameters

nataliezhang said:
i got an idea on measuring the s-parameters of dipole connecting each arm to each of two single-ended prots of VNA, then converting them to mixed-mode s-parameters.

You are thinking of measuring the dipole as 2-port device? There is no good reference plane for your two ports. No calibration method would achieve what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back