Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent...basics of cmos....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nee_naresh04

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fnds can u clear me a big doubt where i got while i am telling cmos ckts for my fnds.. tell me the below state ment is right or wrong.."
"in cmos ckts always we take o/p at drain..and apply bias voltage always at source..".......

ya it is correct because in cmos the pull up network is of ptype and pull down network is of n type
and for proper functioning we r tied the vdd to the source of the ptype and gnd to the source of n type
and taking o/p at drain of both n type and ptype which is tied together refer to the basic cmos inverter circuit

a terminal which is connected to higher voltage is drain.....and lower one is source........this should clear all doubts............i hope.....

thanks,
Prasad

For the NMOS, the source is always connected to the lower voltage. For the PMOS, the sourse is always connected to the higher voltage.

what you said is correct. Always CMOS trans are connected in their common source mode for better voltage levels.

when we say in pmos termial having higher voltage is source............in college we r told.....as VDD is connected to " " terminal of PMOS...so its drain........and vice versa ...for NMOS.......

anyone ...pls comment on same....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back