Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updating PCB Documents in Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_cihan_tek

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I've drawn a PCB using Altium Designer Summer 08. After the drawing of the PCB is completed, i updated some of the components i've used in the libraries by adding some STEP models which are downloaded from the web. Most of the footprints i used in my design now have a 3D STEP model that is getting displayed properly both in library editor and in library browser windows. They also get displayed in the 3D View when i create a new PCB using the new updated models from scratch.

My question is, what should i do to update my existing PCB document (maybe also the sch doc) so that the components it contains can find their newly added 3D models and get displayed in the 3d view?

I tried using the "Update From Libraries" command followed by the "Update PCB document" command in the sch editor but had no luck.

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back