Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unstable calculation when simulating resonator in MWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

svarun

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
In the warm company of God's most exquisite creati
Activity points
Hi all,

I am simulating a resonator structure in MWS. For some setups, the calculation is becoming unstable as the output signal starts growing (may be exponentially). What could be the causes of this problem ? All inputs are most welcome. Thank you.

-svarun

Re: Resonator in MWS

Hi Svarun,

this could have several reasons. Could yo post the structure here?

F.

Hello Svarun,

I would start by altering the mesh properties:

1. Try changing lower limit ratio, lines per wavelength etc.
2. See if u can turn off the automesh - and set individual mesh for each part of the model.
3. Try setting a lower frequency sweep (If using a transient solver).

If you have two different versions of CST MWS, try running the model on both and see if its a version bug (who knows...?).

Good luck,
P.

Hi RFSimulator and Pushhead,

The energy reaches -32dB and then starts climbing up. Can I stop the simulation at -30dB and then use AR filter for signal interpolation ? Will this result in accurate results ? Please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry, i'm not acquainted with the AR filter manipulations - I use the default settings.

However, what you describe sounds very similar to couple of simulations I did, at the end the problem was solved by changing the mesh (not necessarily decreasing it).

Can u post the *.mod,*.par file ?

Regards,
P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back