Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unity fb in differential opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepa

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the configuration for a unity buffer in a diff amp..is it just connecting the +ve output to the -ve input and -ve output to the +ve input..but then there seems to be a direct conenction from input to the output????

Connect the output terminal to the negative input terminal to design a voltage buffer. The feedback should be negative.

yes ur giving total output as feedback.

negative output connected to positive input,
and positive output connected to negative input.

if it is connected in this manner then there is no need of the amplifer at all,there is a direct path from the input to the output.is there some other way to use the diff amp in unity gain fashion ,

Why don't you read datasheet of any fully differential OA ?
THS4121 or AD8132...

wat is the info i should look in a data sheet,,i know how on open loop diff works or how it works in switched capacitor circuits,i don know how its can be put in feedback to be used as a buffer of unity gain

deepa said:
if it is connected in this manner then there is no need of the amplifer at all,there is a direct path from the input to the output.is there some other way to use the diff amp in unity gain fashion ,

it is not like that. just see..u r not shorting +ve input to positive o/p. ur shorting -ve i/p to +ve o/p. such that -ve feedback occurs.

satyasiva said:
it is not like that. just see..u r not shorting +ve input to positive o/p. ur shorting -ve i/p to +ve o/p. such that -ve feedback occurs.

It is indeed a unigain amplifier with negative feedback, but it can't be a buffer.

No you can not use it as a unity buffer this way- an option would be to be use same value for the feedback and input resistances or capacitors. DDAs are an option for similar application.

Bupesh

what s an DDA,and can you show the circuit ?

DDA - differential difference amplifier. Search for DDA will find plenty of references.

I still recommend using a fully-differential amplifier with identical feedback and sampling resistances/capacitors - does not stretch the common-mode of your input pair.

Bupesh

Status
Not open for further replies.