Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unipolar stepper motor interfacing with 8051 variants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revestroke

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends, I am interfacing a unipolar stepper motor with P89V51RD2 controller using ULN2803.
-I have connected Pin0.0 to Pin0.3 of Port0 to ULN2803 and connected phase 1 to 4 of stepper motor to the o/p of the driver IC(ULN2803).
-Motor drive voltage is 12V. I'm getting appropriate readings using multimeter regarding h/w connections.
-Program code I am using is a basic C program given in Muhommad Ali Mazidi book for 8051 for stepper motor clockwise /anticlockwise rotation, but motor is not rotating.
-However whenever I connect center-tap and a phase of stepper motor it takes a step and turns with a single step clockwise and similarly when latch up center-tap with other winding phase it rotates anti-clockwise.

I want to rotate the motor continuously in both directions giving a little delay. Kindly suggest.
Thank You.

From a 8051 datasheet:
Port 0 is an 8-bit open drain bi-directional I/O port
It's not able to drive an ULN2803 without additional means, e.g. sufficient strong pull-up resistors.

I don't believe that you ever checked the Port 0 output voltage with a multimeter, otherwise you'll have noticed that it's zero all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back