Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unipolar 4ph stepper motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
4 ph stepper motor

Hello.
I want to write a code to control the input frequency given to a Unipolar, 4phase stepper motor using a micro controller . This is a 6wired one.
PLease help me with the same.

In wich program are you going to write it?! Assembler, C, C++, basic, picbasic?!

It is urgent? Cause I will write it soon in picbasic, if no one write it sooner.

But basically you must say to the micro the phase you want move, I recommend you the "normal step" (it depends on what are you reading they call it diferent)
Anyway, the normal step is the one tha you "energize" two phase each step, to have the maximun retention.
Your stepper motor, that have 6 wires, is a normal one, two of those wires are for feed the motor or to conect them to 0 voltage. (It depends on how conect the wires)

The frecuency is made by experimenting, because every motor is different and also moves diffents loads.

Between each step you can do a loop with a lot of pauses or do other things, if you are going to use the micro just to control de stepper motor, I think is easier do a loop if not, you must do other things or your micro will be very busy all the time.

hope it help you a little.

Terribly sorry for the late reply...
I would like it in C and can u do it for 8051....
Can you also suggest a good book from which i can learn assembly level programming..????

hi..
does anyone here have code in embedded c for accelrating of a stepper motor?

Hey...its the most simplest if u use microcontrollar 8051 family.....if u use Keil software thn its nothing bt to set data to ur specific pin ..
seems to me........u hv two pin common......u said 6 pin in total.....
if u wanna know how to determine common and the other coil number i will write for
u.let me know
now come to the point.....Keil is a software which support many high level languages
for mc programming..C is also there...
set the pin 2 common two ur voltage source...and the other 4 pin at the i/o port of your 8051.

now write code. if u using keil its really easy to write codes.its suggests header file..for 8051 family.....include this......
just assign the value for ur require rotation....say u wanna rotate one direction..

then code will be....something like tht

P1=0x01; // when u using P1_0,...,...,P1_3 for mottor's 4 coil and P1 here is known to the compiler because of the header file...

now change the value and assign as ur necessity . make the hexadecimal of 0001,0010,0100,1000 for one directional rotation......u may also use delay function one after another....but delay function is not included in Keil C library...u hv to write a header in C or ask me.....

Hi
Rather than writing codes for the driving pulse,
it seems good to compose a simple circuit.
Such as, generate the main pulse with frequency you hope to use, and then generate proper phase pulse using a simple logic gates such that nand or inverter.
You may need only on/off or direction control for your micom program.
Normally people control that way for unipolar, bipolar or chopping driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back