Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Fail/ Faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kengloong

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone can give me some idea on what's possibility Part Fail/ Faulty if the UPS doesn't give any output voltage during it's run on battery?

I wonder why I already replaced 4pcs Power MOSFET and the Voltage regulator IC but the system still fail.

For your information, during the UPS run on battery, it's indicated the UPS failed and doesn't give output voltage. So, when I switched on the UPS again (Switched on the Incoming Supply). The relay doesn't working to cut off the supply from a battery after the supply take over by commericial AC supply.

The Power MOSFET original part number is STP60NF06, but unfortunately I can't get it, so I replaced it using STP60N06. Same to Voltage Regulator IC, I replaced LM317 instead of original part number is LM317T. Is it will affected the system?

Hope someone can give me an idea how to solve my problem.

Thanks!

Anyone can give me some idea on what's possibility Part Fail/ Faulty if the UPS doesn't give any output voltage during it's run on battery?

There are certain reasons for UPS cannot give Output Voltage during Inverter mode:
1) MOSFET cannot fire or work properly
2) Inverter Transformer damage(short or open internally)(if use)
3) Battery supply cannot connect properly with Drain or MOSFET or with Transfomer

Regards
Rahul :?

Have you checked the obvious battery fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.