Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unable to receive inputs from PARALLEL PORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciitv

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i'm using parallel port for simple interfacing. i am able to output data to parallel port. But i'm unable to receive data from the port. I tried making C5 = 1(loaded 20h into 37Ah), but when i read back from the port, i got C5=0 (0C0h back). Unable to change C5 bit.
How can i receive data ? I'm using Win2k and the parallel port is in ECP mode. I'm unable to modify ECR register of ECP. I also have userport that enables me to access the ports.

try for statusl port and control port. You can get 9 pins input. That port does not require any settings. If you want input from data port then you have to make C5=1. For more tutorials about parallel port interfacing see
MY EXPERIENCE IN PARALLEL PORT INTERFACING
you can get it from yahoo group-booksbybibin
h**p://groups.yahoo.com/group/booksbybibin/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back