Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra wide band antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.
the attach file contain a circular UWB antenna

sir the circular uwb antenna u hav designed have satisfactory gain up to 6 Ghz abov 6 Ghz the antenna gain is not gud.the antennas i hav designed hav same problm.pls sir upload any type of uwb antenna which hav falt gain of 4 or abov dB over entire uwb range as 2-10 Ghz.sir pls upload as early as possible i wil be very thankful to you

Now I dont know anything about using CST Microwave studio. But as a starting
point for you, I do use really nice log-periodic yagi's that cover 2 - 11 GHz
built on standard fibreglass PCB and fed with .085" semi-rigid coax.
works well in front of a dish as a multi-band feed systen

Dave
VK2TDN

Hi bro, I'm trying to design an exactly similar antenna (trapazoidal tooth log periodic antenna) for 8-16GHz, I have seen number of papers by Isbell, DuHamel, Ergul and others but still I have confusions about the design. BROADBAND LOGARITHlVIICALLY PERIODIC.pdf is the file attached for example, where at page 3 , R1=10inch is smthing i'm unable to understand plus I'm having extreme difficulties in designing this type of structure with Taw=0.707, sie=45 deg, beta=10 deg and alfa = 60 deg, .I'm using the CST Microwave environment for simulations. Feeding also seems to be another issue cming up next , so do u have any suggestions or any similar simulation models in CST or HFSS or any other environment, do let me know please.
Best Regards
Kamal

Attachments

• BROADBAND LOGARITHlVIICALLY PERIODIC.pdf
    686.6 KB · Views: 145

Hi magret;

There are many pulished UWB antenna using CST. Depending on your aplication there are two class:
Directional UWB antenna - log periodic, horn, vivaldi etc..
onmiderictional - biconical, bow- tie, printed dipole and monopole etc.

I have few paper and these on small printed UWB antenna mostly done on CST if you want i could forward it.

hi there could you please forward these papers to me.
my e-mail is abd890@yahoo.com

thanks

dear friend send your papers related Omnidirectional UWB antenna design,soon thank um that will be useful for my thesis
send to my mail id : saidaiahbandi@gmail.com

Hi magret;

There are many pulished UWB antenna using CST. Depending on your aplication there are two class:

I have few paper and these on small printed UWB antenna mostly done on CST if you want i could forward it.

Hi saidaiahbandi ;

I have forward them to your email... check if you have received them...

regards

If you google a bit, there are a lot of information on UWB antennas.

First you need to decide whether your antenna needs to be directional or omni-ditectional types...

For omni-directional there are many monopole antenna designs available...
for directional types, many members have replied with different types of antennas.

JPIER is a good free source for antenna papers. give a try... there are so many interesting UWB antenna designs have been published there...

cheers,
per_lube

Hi magret;

Hello AngolaX ,
I am working in a project about design of UWB antennas for WLAN applications
Can you send the publishes you have about it please and what type do you advice me to do, which cover bandwidth 3.1GHz-10.6GHZ

Regards,
Mansour

we have difference model of antenna for this range which one of them do u want to design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back