Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

uJDM Programmer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafadn

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ujdm programmer

Hi all,
I made the uJDM Programmer.
**broken link removed**
But as it said I can test my programmer using the Enable Clock option.
It said that if it's being checked then the LED would flash ON/OFF but it doesn't do this.
I've to mention that my PIC is 16F84A.
Also I need a simple project [assembly and schematic] inorder to test my PIC without using the programmer board.

Help me please.

Thanks.

programmer for ujdm

To test the PIC, you need to program it, and to porgram it, you need a programmer.... See where I am getting? You need to build a programmer anyway.

You need make sure the programmer works OK first. If it does not do what it is supposed to, then I would check very carefully the construction, there must be an error somewhere.

Also, this programmer does not use a power supply and it relies on the voltages provided by the serial port to put the PIC into programming mode. The PIC needs 13V on the /MCLR line to enter programming mode. Quite often the PIC will refuse to program, because it does not see 13V on its /MCLR pin with respect to Vss.
I would just build another programmer.

winpic800 detected unknown

So,what?
winpic800 detected it as an UNKNOWN device.
What should I do exactly?

Thanks.

ujdm

ok , in order to test your pic u need to program it first so u can definetly not test it without the programmer board .
so first of all , u need to get ur programmer running corrctly :
-check the wiring of ur circuit , we usually don't want to check the circuit , but its worth doing it before looking out.
-how long is the cable you're using to connect your programmer to the serial port. ur programmer won't work if the cable is long , make shorter.
-if u checked the last 2 points , then check now the voltages as VVV told u .
-check also the software configuration in winpic800 or ic-prog , sometimes people use even the wrong com port , but i don't think this is a problem for u .

if it didn't work , ask again .i can help u.

i attached here a circuit , from the bigonoff book , its very simple .
i attached also the asm source file and an hex of that file .

all was tested by me and it worked for me with a 16f84A.

ujdm problem

Thanks but there's nothing in prog files.rar.

Thanks alot.

ujdm not working

sorry mostafadn , i upload prog files.rar again .

Added after 2 minutes:

sorry mostafadn , i upload prog files.rar again .
if your programmer didn't work , try using this new jdm programmer : people said it fixed many problems :

winpic detected -> unknown

THANKS A MILLION.
It finally worked.
I disassembled the kit and assembled it on the fly.
then It worked [simply].
I'll show you it's picture as soon as I take it.
It's very messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.