Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ubuntu:help] Reading information from an usb device(gamepad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frs89

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I connected my Ps3 gamepad to my computer (OS Ubuntu) via USB. I used libjsw to make a small program to read the input buttons from /dev/input/js0, also for reading correctly the values of the accelerometers I had to run a background driver (QtSixA, that also allows to connect via bluetooth). I want to know all the information that is sent by the gamepad:

There is some way to read the packages sent via usb or bluetooth? I want to know the times of refresh and how the gamepad manages button holding and other situations.

It's is possible to send information to the gamepad? to control the led light for example. I've no experience on linux systems so any help or references will be very appreciated.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.