Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two Way Radio Freq. quetion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sht2kll

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Howdy all: I am not not very well versed with electronics and I am not sure if this is where I would post this question. I a wireless microphone system made by a company called Nady systems. It does not work and I want to change the frequency to adapt it to a game call for hunting. the channel is 171.905. I looked at the crystals and they had different frequecies marked on them. the transmitter was marked, 14.335 MHZ and the receiver 53.7??. I could not read the last 2 numbers because it had a wire soldered to the casing. Nady systems said it was working. they were not much help when I asked about the freq. shouldn't the crystals be maked the same? Are crystals a matched set? where can I get buy Crystals to change the frequency? Thanks for any help. Tom

Added after 5 hours 3 minutes:

hello: Sorry for posting on this forum. There seems to be a lot of people on here that are not from the U.S. so they would not be able to direct me to sources to purchase small electronic parts. I will Have to keep surfing the net to get my info.

The frequency of the crystal is 53.735MHz.

171.905MHz (channel frequency) - 10.7MHz (IF Frequency) = 161.205MHz
161.205MHz / 3 (harmonic) = 53.735MHz

sht2kll said:
Howdy all: I am not not very well versed with electronics and I am not sure if this is where I would post this question. I a wireless microphone system made by a company called Nady systems. It does not work and I want to change the frequency to adapt it to a game call for hunting. the channel is 171.905. I looked at the crystals and they had different frequecies marked on them. the transmitter was marked, 14.335 MHZ and the receiver 53.7??. I could not read the last 2 numbers because it had a wire soldered to the casing. Nady systems said it was working. they were not much help when I asked about the freq. shouldn't the crystals be maked the same? Are crystals a matched set? where can I get buy Crystals to change the frequency? Thanks for any help. Tom

Added after 5 hours 3 minutes:

hello: Sorry for posting on this forum. There seems to be a lot of people on here that are not from the U.S. so they would not be able to direct me to sources to purchase small electronic parts. I will Have to keep surfing the net to get my info.
Basically when a crystal of 14.335 mhz is used, its frequency is doubled and trippled to get a stable frquency on the VHF mode as explained by "V-fone". Thus just changing the crystal in the TX will change the transmission frequency and you need a pairing crystal which will also tune the receiver to the same when installed in the RX. Too when the frequncy is changed, the present coils need to be re-tunned to get the best performance. Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back