Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two Usb Voltage Connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stardom

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb voltage

I have two usb v+ wires attached to the same voltage line. Will this cause bad things to happen or is it fine? The usb both come from the same computer. Similarly, if I connected a different voltage to the V+ line which is in turn attached to the v+ wire of usb, would this be fine?

Thanks!

When you connect two v+ usb line from same computer there are no problems. I don't understand the second question, but you can transform the v+ in other voltage (less or high) using correct devices, but connect a low impedance voltage source with different or same value not.

Stardom said:
Similarly, if I connected a different voltage to the V+ line which is in turn attached to the v+ wire of usb, would this be fine?
Thanks!
The different voltage could be any thing!! This could be hazardus to the computer and / or the supply connected.
Raoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back