Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two serial port DS89C420/430

Status
Not open for further replies.

henary

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir.

I need two serial communication port for my project So I plan to use DS89C420/430/450
I search many topic here but every topic contain try stat buffer but in mazidi book
they do without trystate buffer.Is this diagram is right?

plz help me....
I know for P89C51 inwhich we can code in keil and download using Flashmagic....

Is any such facillity for DS89C420/430/450?

Plz send me shcematic & details.!!!!!!
Thank you.....in advance....

Hi,
If you are talking of Data Bus Tristate buffer, you may not need it unless you have many peripheral devices. In any case, each input device connected to the data bus should have a tristate output which will be enabled only with the RD +Chip Enable signal.
The DS 420 family is insystem and in-application programmable as other similar devices.The bootloader is builtin and a Windows based code down loader is available from Maxim.

Regards,
Laktronics

Thank you sir
can you send me schematics.with two serial port & power supplay.......

Hi,
What else you want to do with it ?, other than two serial ports?
Regards,
Laktronics

sir,
I want to connect one port to RF module
and other connect to GSM module..
sir plz send me schematics with same...

You can do it either way, with the DS89C450 (two UARTs) or any 8051-derivative programmed in such a way that the standard UART is used to communicate with the faster device (in your case 9600bps) and the slower device (4800bps) is connected to selected two pins and the 8051 runs UART in software (bit-banging) ..

The first option (with the DS89C450) can be difficult to realize with KIEL as it doesn’t support all additional 450’s SFRs, the second option, although less “elegant”, can be accomplished with any standard compiler as there are no special BITs or REGISTERs involved ..
Just connect Rx to Int0 or Int1 and as Tx-pin you can use any available Px.x ..
Search this forum for 8051 UART-in-software, or 8051-bit-banging ..

Of course, in both cases, if you need “true” RS-232 levels you have to use the RS-232 drivers such as MAX232, MAX202, and so on ..

Also see:

Rgds,
IanP

you can use some other micro same as atmega1281 it has 4 serial and simple use

sir,
Iplann to use DS89C430/450 because i know instruction set of it. and it support in system programming
so plz send me schematics of DS89C420/430/450

DS89C450 with 2 serial ports ..

rgds,
IanP

Attachments

• ds89c450-2-serial-ports-2_2023.jpg
    ds89c450-2-serial-ports-2_2023.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 196

Sir,

finaly I am designing Circuit according to "The 8051 microcontroller and Embeded System by Mazidi"
chapter 8. " hardware connection" in that section 8.2

Is that schematic is working?
Plz give me suggetion

Status
Not open for further replies.