Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two questions about vxWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s_objlib_obj_unavailable select

I am new in vxWorks development. Environments : Tornado2.2 for ARM, CPU - s3c4510(ARM7TDMI). The two questions listed as follows:

1) The Net download speed is unendurable. It's better if a hub is in use. But in our situation, we debug with other boards without hub.
Without the hub,I am confused about that downloading vxworks image with bootrom is greatly faster than downlaoding user module through target server. Since downloading vxworks image is normal, the net driver is Ok in determination. Maybe it's the difference of net protocol. And the hub transfer the protocol. Or without hub, some special configurations should be done for target server& vxworks components configuration.

2) When I use select() for Serial interface, there is also a errer number(0x3d0002) occur in the task.

The following is the source

//0x3d0002 -- S_objLib_OBJ_UNAVAILABLE

fd_set fdset;
char *tmpBuf=rdBuf;
int readTotalSize=0,readSize;
#ifdef _INC_SERIAL_DEBUG
if(ttyFd == ERROR)
{ // Fail to open
logMsg("You should open the device before read!\n",0,0,0,0,0,0);
return(ERROR);
}
#endif // _INC_SERIAL_DEBUG
FD_ZERO(&fdset);
FD_SET(ttyFd,&fdset);
while(readTotalSize<rdBytes){
select(ttyFd+1, &fdset, NULL, NULL, NULL);
readSize = read(ttyFd,tmpBuf,(rdBytes-readTotalSize));
tmpBuf += readSize;
readTotalSize += readSize;
}
return readTotalSize;

/* return value -- The number of bytes read.(if not equal to rdBytes,an error has occurred)
*/
}

0x3d0002

for the first question, I think it's not a software issue, because the software can not know the existence of hub, the only problem will be the network wire, it's quality is not good enough.

vxworks rdbuf

But I use the same net wire. I don't think it's the problem of wire. A friend ever report the same situation.
Is the download speed related to the symbol table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back