Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two questions about pipelined ADC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
first, i have designed a 1.5bit per stage pipelined adc, but i have a ergent problem: i use resistor ladder and buffer to generate vref+\vcm\vref-, when i simulate the whole adc,i find that the three voltage referrence settles slowly, and jitters sharply at the beginning ang end of every half clock cycle,what's the possible reason?
i use a capacitor to be parallel with the resistor ladder,but it improves little;
any possible reasons?pls help me.

second,i use smic 0.18um(1p4m) process, but when i add mim_tt model,the simulator(cadence spectre)reports error--undefined……what'sthe reason?how to solve it?anyone can help me?

thanks for reply.

about two questions

it might help to use less capacitance -- try to make the node faster, so that it settles in time. The other option is to use much more capacitance to reduce the impact from perturbations

Re: about two questions

Hi lhlbluesky,
Do you use convenient voltage buffers? You do need them!

Status
Not open for further replies.