Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Two DS75176B transceivers and one microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

vojke

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody!
Need some help about connecting two multipoint transceivers on PIC18F (18 pin).
So, I need to control one asynchronous motor with STEP/DIR control so I need two transceivers, one for STEP and one for DIR. I have RX and TX pins for that. How should I connect these two to my transceivers? Any suggestions?
Can I connect RX to RO pin of first transceiver while leaving DI pin of transceiver open? And TX pin to RO pin of second transceiver again leaving DI pin unconnected? Or should I connect them (RO and DI) together? I never used two transceivers so I'm little confused... Thanks!

these are not my cirguits, but I think, you will figure out.

Attachments

• SpindleReceiver.pdf
    16.1 KB · Views: 157
  • SpindleDriver.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 122

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Why do you think, transceivers for STEP and DIR signals have anything to do with processor UART pins? I would rather expect that the transceivers would be used unidirectional only and connected to regular port pins.

V

If the uC is far enough from the driver for the motor, it is not the bad idea to use ANY kind of balanced line signal transfer. If you peaked at the circuits that I've attached to my previous post, it is quite obvious that the trancievers ARE used in unidirectional mode.

V

Thank you guys, your suggestions are more than welcome. You are right 'FvM' STEP and DIR should be connected to regular pins and not to UART pins. That was the thing that made me all confused. Unidirectional mode means that my transceiver could be only in receive or transmit mode, in my case, only in transmit mode? And so I leave RO pin on my transceiver unconnected? Just say YES :)
Thank you 'zasto' for the attached files, they helped me, I can now continue to work. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.