Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two circuits ... Two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2005

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a beginner at this but I am doing some circuits and I have those questions:

1- I need a device/circuit that acts exactly like a relay ie. when a little DC volt is applied is closes another circuit. The this is that I don't want to use a relay due to its sound (yes I have frequent switching). I want this device/circuit to be able to allow both AC and DC signals through up to 220VAC and to be able to handle at least a couple of Amperes. Any Suggestions...pleeaaaaaase

2- I am trying to build a circuit that acts as a switch between the 220VAC mains and a light bulb. Simply put, the light is off and you press the button, the light bulb gradually lights up until it reaches its max in 10 seconds. The lights is now on and you press the button, the light gradually fades in 10 seconds. I don't care to change a thing in the "steady state" part between the on and the off. Now the thing is that I do NOT want to use a variable resistance. I only want a simple "click". Please give me all the ideas possible.

Thank you alllllllllllll :)

Why not use triac or thyristor ?! :wink:

...but you'll need specific control circuit !

Dear,

For Both questions:
If speed of a relay is enough for you and you don't want use a relay because of

its sound,You Can use Reed Relay.A Small,No sound simple relay in DIP Package.

For Example Look at attachment.(This is only a example and devices from various manufactures with various specs. are available).

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.