Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tutorials for Linux gateway server configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmwing

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to configure linux gateway server to my company.if anybody has good tutorials,please upload for me.i need step by step doc.
regards
km

Re: linux gateway server

Better use a distribution that's customized for the kind of tasks you want it to do. For example look here:

https://distrowatch.com/search.php?ostype=All&category=Firewall

Some (like m0n0wall) are based on a flavor of BSD, which for firewall applications might be as good (if not better than most Linux distro's.

Then you'd just enable/configure services as needed. If you don't know how, I suggest you make [how well everything is documented] and [forum / newbie-friendly community] among the selection criteria in deciding what distro to use. A good enough systems with good defaults that's well documented, is more useful than a lean & mean system that you don't know how to configure...

hello friend,
i dont understand how to configure linux gateway server.please uploade proper documentation for me.my manager ask to me configure a firewall for company.if you have step by step documentation for the firewall configuration pls uplode for me

Hi,
have you tried https://www.tldp.org

it has several tutorial and documentations for all users from beginers to advanced.
You can try that.

If you are interested for Windoz then MSDN is your best friend.

Oh Yes ... if You search internet then there are several documentations floating.
they can help you a lot.
but if you want step by step as you have requested please find a book for Linux security in a book-store in your area. it will have lots of info.

if you dont want to spend time then search for Linux firewall appliance/LiveCD use that and you are up in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.