Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

turn usb headset to 3.5mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooki

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have an usb headset, and i want to turn it to 3.5mm connector, one for the audio, and other for the microphone

i opened the soundcard of the headset and i found five wires, that are organized in two sections. one section has two wires, and the other has 3 wires.

i did connect a 3.5mm connector that has 3 free wires in the other side, to the onboard sound card, and if i do contact with two of the three free wires, to a normal 3.5mm headphones, it sounds.

but when i try with the five wires of the usb headset (one by one, obviously), i get no sound. i have not disconnected the headset wires, of the sound card of this. it can be the reason of the no sound?

a pic... sorry for the quality :S
**broken link removed**

That should be easy.
Dessolder all five wires.
Put the headset in your ears.
Test the wires two by two with a multimeter, the speakers will make a noise when you connect the probes, if both make noise you have the signal wires for both speakers, then you need to find the return, only one speaker will make noise when you connect the probes.
Typically each speaker has a DC resistance of 32 Ohm, so if you have both is series you will get 64 Ohm (the return wire is common for both speakers).
Then the two other wires are for the microphone, I guess you will need to try both ways and see which one works, and thats its I guess.

Hi.

If its a usb connector, then it is probably connecting to a mobile phone. What type is it?
If not, then please let us know what is the usb connected to.

Thanks.

no mate, this is for pc.
i never have seen a mobile phone with this kind of connection

Hi.

The Motorola raiser have a usb connection and few others.
Usually you should have for the speakers one ground and then left and right. The ground one will be a copper color and the L and R should have some sort of plastic.
For the Mic you will have the 2 wires.
What R00KIE suggested will work for you both for the speakers and for the mic. The mic is also some sort of a speaker...
Good luck.

Although, you can pick up a std wired headset for £1 (very cheap) whereas a USB one is a lot more.

I'd just buy a cheap headset instead & kee[p the USB one. If not keep the USB interface to make a small USB/Audio IF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back