Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

turn on and off a LED wireless via IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf1364

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body
I want to design a circuit for turning on and off a LED wirelessly via IR module and I am working on these circuit but the problem is I don't know how should I write a program for PIC (I am using MiKro C compiler and C language ) dose any body know which commands can help me for writing program ?do you think MiKro C has any library for using Infrared protocols ?

untitled.gif

bmp image replaced with gif format which is much smaller and can be opened in the browser [alexan_e]

SFH 506/507 comes in many varieties for different modulation frequencies. I suspect that you need to choose one.

Common frequencies for TV remotes are 36kHz, 38kHZ and 40kHz.

Your transmitter does not seem to provide for any modulation. A small microcontroller (or at least a NE555 oscillator) may be required on the transmitter circuit.

do you think MiKro C has any library for using Infrared protocols ?
There is no IR library as standard, as far as I know, but a very clever amateur has posted some handy receiver code for some common protocols here :smile:

SFH 506/507 comes in many varieties for different modulation frequencies. I suspect that you need to choose one.

Common frequencies for TV remotes are 36kHz, 38kHZ and 40kHz.

Your transmitter does not seem to provide for any modulation. A small microcontroller (or at least a NE555 oscillator) may be required on the transmitter circuit.
It doesn't

There is no IR library as standard, as far as I know, but a very clever amateur has posted some handy receiver code for some common protocols here :smile:
It doesn't look like be an amateur job . It's a bit confusing ! so i decide to work on this schematic at first IR.JPG
but unfortuenately it didn't work , do you have any advice ?

This is good
use pt2248 and pt2249a pair
and one thing for your interest
You dont need to make transmitter for this pair as the pt2248 have toshiba protocol so u just need to buy a toshiba remote
and make a circuit with pt 2249a

This is good
use pt2248 and pt2249a pair
and one thing for your interest
You dont need to make transmitter for this pair as the pt2248 have toshiba protocol so u just need to buy a toshiba remote
and make a circuit with pt 2249a
sorry , I didn't get completely ! do you mean I should buy a remote with pt2248 encoder ? like the pic remote pic.jpg

yes in above pic the remote kit may be contain ptt2272 and pt2260 or equilint
just purchase it
for ir
u just need to purchase any toshiba remote
and pt2249 for decoding

yes in above pic the remote kit may be contain ptt2272 and pt2260 or equilint
just purchase it
for ir
u just need to purchase any toshiba remote
and pt2249 for decoding
Thx , but I can't use module in my project I obliged to design it myself , and till know I could design a bias circuit for IR diodes in this way that I can turn ON/OFF an LED wireless , you know the output of the IR led during receiving signal is near 0v and if it don't receive signal the output is near 5v so I want to use a PIC in the receiver circuit for controlling turning ON/OFF LED so because the output voltage is Analog I should use ADC module but unfortuanetely I don't know how to use this module in MiKro C compiler and PIC18F could you guide me for writing codes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back