Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tunneling flex license

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee171

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

anyone knows how to forward flex license between network/subnet? i have a license server outside of a network but all my machines are on a subnet. i tried to forward some requested ports for flexlm with ssh tunnel but it doesn't seem to work. thanks for any help.

FLEXlm license server works like an ordinary tcp/ip server just like any webserver does. The only exception is that it can use multiple ports. Most often it waits on 27000-27010 and some additional port in the lower range (2000-5000). To find the specific ports you should try netstat on the machine running the license server.

So now that you know that it's just a normal tcp server, the next question is how to make it work over a subnet. Basicly you should make sure your clients can ping the license server host. Either by name or ip address. I'm sure the networks are connected together otherwise you have a whole other problem.

For any remote licensing VPN can be a good idea. I can tell you it works fine most of the time. However there has been some reports with timeouts. Nothing I have experienced personally though.

Ps. if you need tracking of your licenses to see if you have under utilization check out license statistcs - https://www.x-formation.com/license_statistics

Good luck!

-- Poul

Status
Not open for further replies.