Not open for further replies.

ee171

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

anyone knows how to forward flex license between network/subnet? i have a license server outside of a network but all my machines are on a subnet. i tried to forward some requested ports for flexlm with ssh tunnel but it doesn't seem to work. thanks for any help.

FLEXlm license server works like an ordinary tcp/ip server just like any webserver does. The only exception is that it can use multiple ports. Most often it waits on 27000-27010 and some additional port in the lower range (2000-5000). To find the specific ports you should try netstat on the machine running the license server.

So now that you know that it's just a normal tcp server, the next question is how to make it work over a subnet. Basicly you should make sure your clients can ping the license server host. Either by name or ip address. I'm sure the networks are connected together otherwise you have a whole other problem.

For any remote licensing VPN can be a good idea. I can tell you it works fine most of the time. However there has been some reports with timeouts. Nothing I have experienced personally though.

Ps. if you need tracking of your licenses to see if you have under utilization check out license statistcs - https://www.x-formation.com/license_statistics

Good luck!

-- Poul

Status
Not open for further replies.